This spectacular hilltop is located approximately 17 kms away from Dharamshala at an altitude of 2,827 meters above sea level. People love visiting this spot as the stunning snowline of Dhauladhar range starts just 5 kms from Triund and affords a breathtaking view of the snow beautiful valleys . Those who want to trek or enjoy a picnic, Triund is the best place to spend some time at. It is a popular picnic and trekking spot and those who want to do a return trek in one day are advised to start early. This place is the crown jewel of Dharamshala, situated in the laps of Dhauladhar mountain range. It offers a majestic view of the Dhauladhar range on one side and Kangra valley on the other. This tranquil trek can be easily accomplished by people of almost all age groups, and so a lot of tourists every year from India and abroad visit this beautiful destination.
On the way to Triund, one can go across a beautiful forest of Oak, Deodar, and Rhododendron trees that look even more beautiful in the months of January and February, when a blanket of snow covers the entire forest.
- Beautiful Places Around Dharamshala, McLeodganj
- Maharana Pratap Sagar Lake – Pong Dam Kangra
- Top Amazing Places to Visit in Himachal Pradesh in Winter
- Some Photos to Inspire You to Visit Spiti Valley-A glimpse of Heaven
- Hampta Pass, One of the most beautiful trek in Himalyas