Garlic is one of the most common ingredients in Indian dishes but apart from imparting flavor to food, this tiny, white pod has immense medicinal properties. Used since time immemorial to treat various ailments, garlic is one ingredient in your kitchen that has a number of uses.
- It has variety of potent sulphur containing compounds which are the reason for its characteristic pungent odor.
- Alicin, the vital compound in the pod, is known to have great anti-bacterial, anti viral, anti fungal and anti-oxidant properties.
- Garlic is also a reliable source of Selenium.
- Anti-clothing properties of ajoen helps to prevent the formation of clots inside blood vessels.
- Garlic increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels in the body.
- It helps to treat skin infections.